Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First day of the rest of my life

As I pulled over onto the shoulder of the road today, I didn't know what made me stop. I was taking my first of many outings alone and decided to drive. To listen to music-Drive with the window down and clear my mind. I chose a path I've taken before, though always with a specific destination. Today....I found serenity.
I pulled off the road, turned off my car and grabbed my journal not knowing until now why I brought it. Originally I sat close to the cliffs edge with my coffee at hand. But quickly found it wasn't why I stopped. I started climbing down rocks to sit by the edge of the river. It was as if they were calling me. To lose myself in the sound of a new beginning. I found one spot being showered in sunlight, and took a seat.
I wished the moment I looked around that I had brought my camera. To capture on film the place that found me today. Surrounded by cliffs; moss covered and full of sedentary life. For something that never moves, I sure envy it. Trees finding their way to the sky on lone perches. I want nothing more than to clear out the sound of the highway and to hear only thyself.
This is when, I felt the wind. And I embraced it for the first time.
I felt lost in my own thoughts. Thoughts that scare and torment me daily. Thoughts that excite and frustrate me, and thoughts that make me miserable. Thoughts that leave me feeling empty. Though, I at times find hope in what keeps me up at night, but most days, I am unhappy. I know this much. And have begun the quest of finding my own happiness.
I feel calm. I know today is the first day of the rest of my life. And I found the beginning of my path... on the side of the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment